Mergers, Acquisitions + Collaborations
Several years of severe recession, ongoing competitive pressures and the further spur of healthcare reform mean that independent hospitals and small systems are considering mergers, acquisitions and collaborations on an almost routine basis.
DGA Partners helps ensure that mergers, acquisitions and other collaborative arrangements result in lasting and positive relationships.
DGA provides planning, financial modeling, due diligence, and merger integration and implementation planning services:
Working with our partners, we can also assist in facilitating the entire process of assessment and implementation, including:
- Assessing the impact of combination: consolidation of service lines, medical staff and support functions, volume projections, revenue enhancement opportunities
- Determining the financial impact of combination: revenue projections, modeling of financial results, impact on capital expenditures and debt capacity
- Repricing revenue streams to reflect the difference between the seller’s and buyer's license
- Determining valuations in support of transaction terms:
hospitals, related businesses and joint ventures, as well as physician compensation
- Third party review of payer contracts
- Implementation recommendations: Structuring the transaction, capital structure, service line recommendations, operations merger, medical staff planning and compensation design
- Process design and facilitation
- Assessing readiness and culture compatibility
- Determining governance structure
- Providing communications counsel